Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kindergarten math

Near the end of the school year, a friend who is a TA in kindergarten was telling me that she wasn't so sure a small group was going to do so well with their upcoming assessment. They were having a hard time staying interested in their math group. So I made up some materials to help her practice counting to 5.
The 1-5 cards were for 1-1 correspondence, and the set cards were for identifying the correct number.

These cards were used to count items, and I spy ( I spy a card that shows 3 items and one of them is a tree)

Sorry this is upside down. I attached hippo heads to small socks and found the small foam balls at the Dollar Tree. Using a small shirt box, their hungry hippo hands "ate" a certain number of balls.
 
A little more engaging for tuned out little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment